Saturday, January 24, 2009

Still stuck in the house

Well, my frined Neal called me and I tried to call him back. First on the land line, nothing. I called the cell and it said "This person has not set up their mail box" Oh well, I thought and went back to bed. After about thirty minutes he called again. He is on his way to Holston River for some trout fishing. I suppose Nances Ferry. I didn't really ask. I am still somewhat weak from over a month of illnesses. Last weekend I had to get new tires for my truck as well as a few other things. I was counting on a nice weekend with maybe some hiking to Frozen Head. I decided against it since I'm not hundred percent recovered. Talking about recovery. My wife has the head cold now. She has been in bed since yesterday. I have done the cooking today after going to the grocery store last night. I did some swedish "Pannbiff" It is hamburger meat mixed with ground pork. You add some bread crumbs, an egg, salt, pepper and some chopped onion. You then work the meat in to patties and fry em' on low heat. Serve with your choicke of potatoes. The key is NOT to us all hamburger. It makes it a lot softer and smoother in taste with the pork mixed in.

I'm going to watch "Appaloosa" this weekend. I like both Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris. I haven't seen a good old western in ages. Hopefully it is a good one.

I'm planning on some fishing very soon so be patient. I also plan on some hiking keep checking back.