Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year and New Hopes

Hope you all had a great New Years Holiday. I have mainly hung around the house doing chores, eating and watching movies. We finished (my wife Lisa and I) another Swedish TV series on DVD which mom brought me back in Sept. It was called "Talismanen" by Jan Guillou and Henning Mankell. Mankell is known widely here in the states as he is the writer of the Inspector Wallander series. They have filmed all the books and made some new for TV as well. Anyway, Talismanen was an entertaining but not ground breaking story with some superstition built in with crime stories. I don't think it's worth running out to try to get a copy but it has great actors from Sweden in it.

I'm going to try to build up my fly collection since I managed to drop my sulphur box in the South Holston River a few months back. I really should be tying instead of blogging. See ya.