Thursday, November 5, 2009

Outliers and Pelham 123

I finished Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" the other week. I normally don't read much non fiction if it's not fly fishing related but couldn't pass this book up. It has been a long time on the best seller lists and I had to see what it was all about. It's kind of like a book on sociological theories but set in an everyday setting which speaks to an average guy. I don't wan to give anything away but if you are interested in sociological and societal questions put in a different light when it comes to the answer this is for you. I don't always agree with Mr. Gladwell, but he does bring out unusual answers to why so and so became what they became. The conclusion might look a little on the simple side but the book is a good read and highly recommended. I'm now going to read his previous books, including the best selling book "The Tipping Point"

The taking of Pelham 123 , was a decent action movie with Denzel Washington, John Turturro who I haven not seen in a long time, as well as John Travolta and Luis Guzman. I purposely waited until this one came out on dvd.