Sunday, November 8, 2009

Charlies Bunion


The hiking party on top of Charlies Bunion

I did Charlies Bunion together with my coworker Tamar and her husband Larry. We left Knoxville around 8 am and got to the trail head to begin our hike slightly after 9 am. The hike begins with a steady uphill climb and a descent halfway in. It's not the most difficult hike but not an easy one either. I was pretty tired when we got back. I can blame some of the tiredness on having some kind of allergic reaction. I got home at about 4:30 in the evening. After eating some tacos I began feeling real tired. I told my wife I'm going to take a nap. I did and woke up about 9 pm with a sever sore throat and headache. I took some Benadryl and Tylenol and went to bed. Didn't sleep well as I had a real bad sore throat. It is somewhat better as I write this. I'm hoping it was allergies rather than a cold. We'll see in the morning I guess. The hike was beautiful as the weather was perfect. Clear blue skies and the trail was popular on such a beautiful fall day.