Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hangover

The "cult hit" Hangover has been on everyone's radar lately. People at work talk about it and every newspaper and magazine has done mostly favorable reviews of it. It also has grossed a record amount of money for an R rated flick. So we decided (my wife and I) to go and see it at the Downtown Riviera movie theater in Knoxville. We did some house cleaning and then we went down to the "Tomato Head" for a quick lunch. I love the pizza at that place. We got to the movie and after basically forking over my entire savings account for a combo we sat down. The movie begun promising with some good soundtrack music and nice crude jokes right from the start. However, after about half an hour or so of the same stuff I begun to wonder, when is this going to take off? It never really did. It was an OK movie but somehow I felt like it should have something else. It didn't drag but it didn't really take off either. I guess it was just not my kind of movie. It's not bad but it's not great either. I give it a C.