Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I had to put my Cat down today.


It was not easy, my first cat Clyde and one of the nicest and funniest cats around is no longer with us. It was the right thing to do. I never thought it would be easy but not this hard either. Although he was closer to my wife than me, he was after all our first cat and I was the one suggesting that we take him home. We got him in 1999 right at the same time as we bought this house we now live in. A coworker at the time knew of a lady who had too many cats. The rest is history.

Clyde was 13 years old and to me that doesn't sound that old, not when you consider that he was inside all the time and got the best food a cat could crave. Oh well, I got two others to take care of, one was real sick earlier this year Tiggy, but he recovered after we took him to the hospital for a four day stint. I'm not going in to the details of Clyde's passing but I think he is in a better place now. I will miss him though and it's not exactly a happy day at our house. People who say "Well he was just a cat" doesn't understand. They become something more than just an another animal. If you ever let a cat in close to your heart you know what I mean.