Saturday, March 27, 2010

Littler River above the sinks

I just had to get out of the house today, knowing that rain is coming. I drove to Townsend and stopped to chat with Byron and Paula in Little River Outfitters. I haven't seen Byron in ages. I used to go over that way a whole lot more often a couple of years ago. I guess I just got burned out on fishing that particular area. I have spent the last two seasons on other waters. Today however I began fishing low since we had frost last night. The water was right at 50 when I began fishing at 3:30 pm. There was a peak of Quill Gordons and Blue Quills coming off at around 5 pm. The hatch was by no means heavy. This cold weather must have slowed them down again. No real rises either. I managed to catch one 8" Brown and missed a couple of more strikes and that was it. I quit right before dark at 7:45 pm. I had a very nice evening out so let the rain begin.