Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2nd Trip to Clinch this spring

I couldn't stay away any longer. I decided to go to the river right after work. I managed to get there and rigged up by 5:15 pm. There were about seven others in the vicinity. My favorite hole was empty though. It started slow like last week. There were plenty of black fly's and some BWO's sputtering about. I tried my run for awhile but nothing. Moved downstream after two other fishermen went home. After about an hour away from my hole with no strikes I was back at my first spot. I caught two fish in two casts. The first one was a 10" bow and the second one a solid 15" Rainbow. Then after about another 15 minutes a smaller brown and two more 10' bows. It was now getting close to dark and time to head home. Not bad for 2 1/2 hours of fishing on a week night.