Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Finally got my skunk off on Clinch this evening

Decided to hop over to Clinch since it's only 40 minutes from work. I had my truck loaded up and went as soon as my shift ended. Got to the river at 5:10 pm and there were about half a dozen people in the vicinity of Massengill bridge. I rigged up and got a hit on the third cast on a 22 black Zebra midge with a gold bh. Lost the fish and then nothing for about an hour and a half. A heavy black fly emergence were going on and I had no good black emerger. I found a Stewart's Black Spider but it was way too big a size 14. I needed 20 and smaller. I put it on anyway and kept my Zebra midge on. Then I finally got a fresh stocker bow on the spider. I managed to catch another one on the Zebra midge right before dark. Two hours is not enough to fine tune anything but it sure was nice to get out.