Sunday, August 23, 2009

District 9

After all the buzz about "District 9", I and my wife decided to go see it. We went to a matinee' and settled down for the movie without concessions this time. It has gotten so expensive in my opinion that you should get stock options if you buy a combo deal. Anyway, back to the movie. First of all I would like to mention that I'm not a sci fi movie buff. This makes me somewhat biased against this type of movie. This movie however was sold to me as an alternative to traditional sci fi movies. Yes it it different but far from revolutionary. Far from conventional and it appealed to me as something breaking from the norm. The movie however failed to grab me. I think that the older I get and the more movies I have seen, the more of a hard pleasing viewer I become. This movie never really takes off, I felt the same as I did when I went to see the "Hangover". Nice enough story but when is it going to take off. District 9 is not worth paying $10 at a movie house for. Wait until it's out on DVD. It's somewhat funny that the only movie I've seen in the last six months worth anything to me was "Tennessee". Tennessee didn't get good reviews and was independently shot with a limited budget and no special effects. It wins hands down in this trilogy though. What's wrong with me?