Sunday, May 10, 2009

NC Camping Trip

East Fork French Broad River Brook Trout.



The highest spot on the Blue Ridge Pkwy near Richland Balsam, NC
West Fork French Broad River, NC


East Fork French Broad Brookie.
Indian Creek Falls, NC


Thom Branch Falls, NC







Juney Whank Falls, NC









I left work Friday to go on my second camping trip for the year. I had booked two night at a campground in Balsam NC. It was a lovely camp ground and very friendly staff and the grounds were very clean. I had some bad luck with the weather and had to set up my tent in a hailstorm. I managed to stay dry for the most part though. I fished the East Fork of French Broad River on Saturday. It was very crowded and I caught a very fat Brockie on a Yellow Partridge size 16 fished down and on the swing. That was all I caught. Between the showers and all the crowded fishing spots on the DH streams right now it was a miracle I caught that one. I fished the east fork for a couple of hours with no luck mid day. Went back to camp and later in the evening I did some water falls in Deep Creek area of NC.

Here's some photos: