Sunday, May 2, 2010

Clinch on Friday and a mountain stream on Saturday


I am tired, it's tough on an old man to fish two days in a row lol. I went to witness the massive sulphur hatch on Clinch Friday evening. I lost four fish in succession and didn't have much luck with my hook set. I spoke to a couple of other guys and they said fishing was easier in the am. I didn't really see anyone else catching much that night.

I decided to brave the storms and head out to some new water on Saturday. I got to the stream around 2:30 pm and fished until dark. There were sporadic hatches of Yellow Sallies and some lone Light Cahills. Not much of any surface activity at all. I had a great time in complete solitude and managed to catch about 17 rainbows. The biggest was an 11 inch wild fish. I'm off to some camping adventures in a few days. I'm praying for drier weather for awhile.