Sunday, September 20, 2009

Clinch River Sunday September 20, 2009

My friend Neal called last night and was wondering if I wanted to got fishing in the morning. I told him that I might check out the Clinch since it's close to my house and rain was on its way. That way I didn't have a two hour drive home. I got to the river at 7:20 or so. Rigged up and began fishing by myself as Neal had yet to show up. I got a small brookie pretty much immediately on a BH Zebra Midge size 22. After another five minutes or so I hooked in to a bigger fish. I had him hooked but the fish wouldn't bulge. I tried to put some pressure on and in the process the hook came loose. Oh well. I waded upstream where I found a pod of feeding fish in the flats. I managed to catch a few more on the flats and then I saw Neal downstream. It had begun raining by now and I was getting soaked. Neal caught one and missed several fish while we talked. I managed to loose another brookie and picking up another one in the run. The rain accelerated and we decided to call it a day. I managed to catch fourbrookies and two bows all recent stockers in the 8 to 11 inch range. Nice to see the river again but the weather was miserable.