Sunday, June 14, 2009

Little River Trip Sat June 13th, 2009

Did go for a short trip to fish the "evening hatch" on Little River today. Stopped at LRO for some tying material and then on to Dollar General and Pizza Hut next door. After my shopping spree in downtown Townsend, TN I made it in to the park at about 4 PM. I rigged up and fished nymphs for a couple of hours with no luck. An afternoon thundershower came through and I had to escape to the car. The water got stained a little but it didn't really come up much. Switched to an EHC yellow size 14 and got some takes. At about 8:30 a very heavy Yellow Sally egg laying flight took place. I caught one brown and two bows and missed a couple more. No real size to them today but it was nice to be out in the park again. I stopped and talked to a guy from NC who was vacationing with his family in Pigeon Forge, TN. He slipped away for a few hours of fishing. He said he caught one pushing ten inches. Water temp was 62 so it was ideal.