Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two DVD's

Watched "Changeling" together with my wife last night. It was a very good movie with Angelina Jolie, John Malkovich, in the leading roles. It is a somewhat dark and depressing movie at times but it is very well written and the direction by Clint Eastwood is among the best he's done in my opinion. I highly recommend it.

The second movie, I watched by myself tonight. It was "Frozen River" directed by C. Hunt. I had heard a lot about the buzz around this movie and I've noticed that a lot of critics loved it. Melissa Leo got nominated for an Oscar and I do have to agree, that her performance is awesome. The other actors are not up to par with her. Her teenage son is okay but the rest of the cast were not very believable. This movie is also somewhat bleak and dire as Changeling was. The difference, better directing makes for a much better movie than Frozen River.