Saturday, November 8, 2008

Well, it's been another week. Work and more work. I guess I should be happy I have a job in these trying times. I have begun reading the first book in Stieg Larsson's "Millenium" trilogy. It's taking off good. The writing is flowing and I guess the translation is pretty good. I'm reading it in English. It is originally published in Sweden. The sad part is that the author passed away of an apparent heart attack at age 50 in 2004. They are now supposedly filming the first book in Sweden.

I haven't fished much lately but I am planning on a trip tomorrow to Clinch River with a coworker. It's supposed to be high fifties in the afternoon. I guess midges will be the ticket. We (Lisa and I, which is my wife by the way) decided to watch an old Swedish classic movie. Göta Kanal, from 1981. This is one of those eighties comedies from Sweden that were so huge. It has not aged well and it is no way near Lasse Åberg material, but fun anyway. One of my all time favorite actors Jan Carlsson, more popularly known as "Loffe" is the lead. He is just so goofy. I feel he has taken a lot fo heat for his somewhat bad performances in Swedish television game shows from the eighties. The guy is pretty funny in movie though. Check out "Jordgubbar med riktig mjölk" from 2001 as well as "Svenska Hjältar from 1997. Not much else to report. I will remain.