Monday, October 13, 2008

Slickrock Creek, NC Saturday Oct 11, 2008

What a day. It was a full day for sure. I went with a new friend from an online fly fishing board. We decided on hiking in a couple of mile to some rugged waters in Joyce Kilmer Wilderness in NC. It was a muggy day for being October and the first highlight of the day was spotting a bald eagle cruising over our heads. We didn't do well when it comes to the fishing part but we got a good work out or at least I did. I was substantially in a lot worse shape than my buddy. We ended our day on another stream in NC and the second highlight for me was to spot one of the biggest black bears I have ever seen. I wasn't quick enough with my camera and the bear was staring at me a little too long for my comfort so I decided on backing off in order to not make the situation in to a situation of you know what I mean! All in all a nice day but fishing was slow. Oh well, you can't have it all I guess.

No news on books, movies or anything else right now, I got a call from a friend in Sweden which is always nice and I just found out that my darn ac unit is frozen up again. It's october for heaven's sake. I'm just leaving it until spring. I have to try to charge it up again since I can't afford to replace it just yet.