Monday, October 20, 2008

Had a decent day on South Holston yesterday with Pete from Maryville. We made it up to the dam area at about 11 AM. The morning began with small olive zebra midges in size 20 dropped behind an indicator dry. I managed to catch a few small ones and then finally this fighter. A very nice 13" Rainbow. It was not easy fishing but it began to pick up on top at about 1 PM when the fish started taking Sulphur Dun's. I caught another bow in the 12" range and missed a couple of browns. Managed a half a dozen fish after a tough day. The weather was great and the fall is definitely here. I have had four days off from work and it has been great. I actually fished the South Holston together with another friend from Bluff City, TN. Mike and I fished a lower spot on the river and it was a cold and dreary day. I caught 10 fish but no size to them although they were mostly browns. Back to work tomorrow.