Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hans Lidmans Favoritflugor


I ordered this wonderful poster while I was in Sweden. I received it in the mail the other day. It is produced in a joint effort between the Hans Lidman Sällskapet (Hans Lidman Society), in Sweden and the Scandinavian fly fishing magazine Flugfiske I Norden. It has a quote under each fly and is from a book where Hans mention that particular fly. It is now hung on the wall next to my new Regal vise I also received this week. My Renzetti Aprentice vice broke. I somehow managed to shatter the jaws. I don't know if it was my own fault or just plain old bad quality. In either case, I don't want another Renzetti. I always thought Regal's one clasp is the better way to go. It also seem to hold hooks a lot better. Now I'm looking for a bobbin rest for it.

As you can see above I'm somewhat fascinated with Hans Lidman and his Hälsingland area. I think I need to visit Flaxnan for some grayling one of these days. I also heard that they have been working on restoring Voxnan river also. Back to tying Prince Nymphs.