Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update

I have been extremely busy. I took a day off from work last week and stained my deck as well as some mulching and other work around the house. I managed to change oil in my car as well. Then on Sunday we had to go to Lexington, KY to see my father in law. He has been in the hospital for over a week now and no real diagnosis. I pray for him every day and I hope he will get well soon.

I haven't watched much movies lately and I don't have any desire for much reading. Fishing season is heating up and my mind is on that I guess. I have rediscovered all the AC/DC remasters out there. I have to say that Bon Scott was the man. I love Brian Johnson's AC/DC but he can't compare to Bon. I'm actually hooked on the first internationally released album "High Voltage" from 1976. It is pure energy. I really love the song "Rock'n' Roll Singer" It is even good when you take in to the account that most lyrics are not real good with AC/DC.

I feel the "Highway to Hell" album, although it is good, overrated. If we talk Brian Johnson, it is of course "Back in Black" which stand out but I don't feel that everyone understood the greatness of "For Those About to Rock (we salute you)".

Oh, midlife crisis, snap out of it! I'm not 18 anymore.