Saturday, October 17, 2009

North River and Tellico DH Revisited

Went back to North River on Saturday October 10th. Got on the stream at about 1 pm and fished until dark. I began at the same spot where I fished last time. This time the water was up even more and it was not as easy as last time. The hunters were out in full force; but I only saw one other fisherman. The water temp was great, right at 60. I managed to catch 5 small bows on North today. They all came on an Orange Stimulator size 14. I proceeded over to Tellico DH for the evening. I didn't take the water temp but it was swift and cold. Fishing was not as easy as last time I was here. The trout still had not spread out from the deeper holes. I got some fish on an orange partridge soft hackle at first, and later they took on top when the October caddis began to come off. I ended up with 4 rainbows on Tellico. All were in the 12" range. Got home to Knoxville at about 9 pm tired and wore out.