Friday, October 23, 2009

Harry Middleton

I finally finished Harry Middleton's "On The Spine Of Time". It is not an easy read as far as the flow of the language goes. It is very rich and describing in both terms of landscape and personalities. It is a decent read and one I recommend all fly fishers who fishes around these parts. I have actually read the book once before but didn't retain as much from it the first time. I still consider it to be an average book. It is recommended more for the idea that a well versed fly fisherman from the smokies just ought to have read it, if that makes sense. It has some funny parts in it and it will make you think twice about getting potato salad from a roadside diner next time you are out.

I have began another of Kjell Eriksson's "Ann Lindell" mysteries in my native language Swedish. It is a nice series of books which I found out will end with the tenth book, which just got released in Sweden. I guess I will have to get that one when I'm over in Sweden for Christmas.