Sunday, March 8, 2009

20th, Anniversary plus getting skunked again

Well, I started the weekend with a trip to "Nance's Ferry" on Holston river. I got there about 10 AM and there were three guys out there. One of the gentlemen caught one small fish while I was rigging up. This guy looked somewhat familiar, but I'm not sure if it was the fellow I thought it was or not.

Anyway, I managed to get skunked again. I fished for about three hours but nothing. After about an hour or so another dozen fishermen came out. It was kind of crowded and the midges were coming off but nothing I had worked. I spoke with two other fishermen who had caught some fish on olive midges in the morning. I decided to go check out a small creek which is stocked by the state. I got there around 2:30 PM and I fished it for about an hour. I saw several Quill Gordon's but no risers. I saw one kid catching a stocker rainbow. This creek is a very nice stream but it gets crowded since it's open for all kinds of fishing and it's stocked in the spring only. I decided to head back home with a skunk to my name. It was a nice and warm day and fun to be out but no action for me on the fishing front.

The big event for this weekend was our 20Th anniversary. We decided to not to anything big in order to save some money, and besides, I had to take my old truck to Sears for some new shocks and some brake service. We decided to hit the Tomato Head in downtown Knoxville. We had a great time on Valentine's Day so I figured we couldn't go wrong by revisit the place. I just love their ham and pineapple pizza. That's what I'm eating in the picture. BTW, the double chin you see will only get bigger if I'm keeping this up. LOL. A very nice day indeed and I will be back as Arnold says.