Sunday, May 16, 2010

Brown 10-Rainbow 10

Even score yesterday. I lucked out on the weather front. In between the downpour and lightning, I fished for close to four hours. There were plenty of bugs in the air on Hiwassee. The fresh stockers took a yellow emerger with gusto. I saw sulphurs, tan caddis and Yellow Sallies. Water temp was 64 degrees. I fished from 5 pm until dark. There were only one two other anglers at Big Bend while I was there. It's funny how different fish are fighting. There were some real good fighters despite being freshly stocked. Others were just hanging lick dead limbs.

I got a tie between the browns and the bows today. The state had obviously dumped in a lot of 8" Browns this week. I had a hard time trying to sight fish for some larger ones. I couldn't get the dinks of my line. A positive problem to have I might ad.