Sunday, September 27, 2009

Clinch Again

After the deluge yesterday in the area, I knew the freestoners to be blown out. I headed to Clinch instead with my friend Neal. He had fished it friday with good success and I was eager to go. Well, Clinch humbled me today, as it can be that way sometimes. I had exactly one strike after almost four and a half hours of fishing. Neal had picked up several fish on zebra midges and other nymphs. I couldn't catch a fish for trying. I went back to the first run I fished in the morning and finally I was able to catch three bows and one brookie in fifteen minutes. I honestly thought I was going to get skunked. The day saved we decided to head home at about 1 pm. Air temp was nice in the mid seventies and clear blue skies. There were a lot of cream and tan midges coming off and sporadic tan caddis adults at high noon.