Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not doing much

I have been on the lazy side when it comes to outdoor pursuits. I have been waiting on colder temps and I guess they are finally here. I don't have that excuse anymore. I'm going to Elkmont to camp on October 4. I'm supposed to camp with a coworker. We are planning on hiking upstream to do some fishing.

I have been contemplating a camping trip up to north east of TN but since we haven't gotten any rain I don't know if it's worth it. I might do a tail water run instead.

I have finished reading a book by one of my favorite authors from Finland " Arto Paasilinna". He is not widely known in the U.S. I think his most famous work which is translated in to the English language is The Year of the Hare. It was a good book and was also made in to a movie in 1977 I think. This later book which I read in a Swedish translation "Snablar" wasn't that good. In fact it was the first of his many books I didn't really like.

I watched a movie with my wife last night. "Married Life " with Chris Cooper and Patricia Clarkson. I love Chris but he couldn't save this movie. It was a bore. I have also seen one Finnish movie by Auki Kaurasmaki who is somewhat of a cult director in Finland. The movie named "Lights in the dusk" in Finnish was very bleak and dull. It takes a lot for me to like a movie nowadays. I'm eagerly waiting on Ed Harris's new movie "Appaloosa" and the new Bond. Hopefully they won't disappoint. Until then I will remain.